When it comes to casting spells, brewing potions, and fighting off dark forces in Hogwarts Legacy, talents can significantly affect your character’s capabilities. These passive and active traits dictate your strengths and weaknesses, making it crucial to choose the right ones for your playstyle. To help you navigate this magical journey, we’ve combined resources from several trusted sources to create the ultimate Hogwarts Legacy Best Talents Tier List.
S-Tier Talents: The Crème de la Crème
Just like Hermione outshines in every spell, some talents are simply more potent than the rest.
- Protego Absorption [lvl 5]: An impenetrable talent that provides a dramatic boost to your defensive capabilities. It significantly augments your Protego spell, proving to be a game-changer in duels.
- Swift [lvl 5]: A nimble talent that’s worth every Galleon. It improves your agility and speed in both combat and exploration scenarios.
- Basic Cast Mastery [lvl 5]: A cornerstone talent that amplifies your fundamental spell-casting abilities, enhancing your overall magic control and efficiency.
- Human Demiguise [lvl 5]: Your perfect cloak of invisibility, this talent improves your stealth skills, providing you the upper hand in numerous in-game situations.
- Sense of Secrecy 1/2 [lvl 5 & 16]: This talent enhances your ability to uncover secrets and hidden elements in the game, offering a spellbinding experience.
- Protego Mastery [lvl 22]: Another defensive powerhouse that significantly increases the effectiveness of your Protego spell, making you a force to be reckoned with in battles.
- Evasion Absorption [lvl 16]: An escape artist’s dream talent, Evasion Absorption improves your ability to dodge and weave through enemy attacks.
- Petrifucus Totalus Mastery [lvl 22]: Embrace the power of paralysis with Petrifucus Totalus Mastery. Casting Petrificus Totalus emanates an area of effect that can impact nearby enemies, leaving them frozen in place. Embrace the art of control and render your foes motionless.
From the art of spell manipulation with Spell Knowledge I-III to the dark allure of Avada Kedavra Mastery, Tier A talents offer an immersive and exhilarating experience for any aspiring wizard or witch. Any non-Stealth Spell talents fall out of S-Tier due to personal preference. Some spells are worse than others, so that’s why they differ in Tier status.
- Spell Knowledge I-III [lvl 5 & 16]: Unleash the versatility of your magical repertoire with Spell Knowledge I-III. Each level adds a new spell set, empowering you to swap between unlocked spell sets seamlessly. Embrace the art of adaptability and discover the hidden potential of your arsenal.
- Transformation Mastery [lvl 22]: Embrace the darker side of magic with Transformation Mastery. When you cast the Transformation spell, enemies struck undergo a treacherous metamorphosis, transforming into explosive objects. Embrace the chaos and wield the power of transmutation.
- Bombarda Mastery [lvl 16]: Ignite the battlefield with the explosive might of Bombarda Mastery. Casting Bombarda causes a cataclysmic blast with a massive area of effect, obliterating everything caught in its fiery embrace. Embrace the power of destruction and leave your mark on the wizarding world.
- Confringo Mastery [lvl 5]: Unleash fiery bolts of vengeance with Confringo Mastery. The impact of Confringo produces bolts that seek out enemy targets relentlessly, inflicting fiery devastation on your foes. Embrace the power of incineration and become a force of reckoning.
- Blood Curse [lvl 5]: Embrace the sinister power of the Blood Curse. Inflict damage to a cursed target and watch as the damage ripples through all other cursed targets, creating a chain of destruction that leaves your enemies reeling in agony.
- Curse Sapper [lvl 22]: Absorb the essence of curses with Curse Sapper. Defeat a cursed enemy, and your health is restored, granting you the resilience to endure the chaos of battle. Embrace the power of rejuvenation and let the curse-infused energy sustain you.
- Avada Kedavra Mastery [lvl 22]: Delve into the darkest of curses with Avada Kedavra Mastery. Casting Avada Kedavra deals a fatal blow to an enemy, and all cursed enemies meet the same fate. Embrace the power of the Unforgivable Curse and become a harbinger of doom.
- Stupefy Expertise [lvl 22]: Amplify the impact of Stupefy with Stupefy Expertise. Enemies struck with Stupefy remain stunned for a longer duration, leaving them vulnerable to follow-up attacks. Embrace the power of control and render your foes defenseless.
- Protego Expertise [lvl 16]: Master the art of defense with Protego Expertise. Blocking a spell with Perfect Protego sends two projectiles back at enemies, turning their attacks against them. Embrace the power of counterplay and turn the tide of battle in your favor.
- Stunning Curse [lvl 16]: Transform Stupefy into a Stunning Curse with Stunning Curse talent. Enemies struck by Stupefy suffer increased damage, ensuring they feel the full force of your assault. Embrace the power of incapacitation and leave your foes breathless.
Unraveling the Tier B Talents
Potions can give you a really valuable boost in fights, but because it’s only a temporary boost, potion potencies don’t deserve S or A-Tier ratings.
- Focus Potion Potency [lvl 22]: Enhance your magical concentration with Focus Potion Potency. The duration of the Focus Potion’s effect will be extended when any spell from the Spell Set is cast during its use, allowing you to maintain heightened focus in the midst of spellcasting chaos. Embrace the art of concentration and become a master of precision.
- Endurus Potion Potency [lvl 5]: Embrace invincibility with Endurus Potion Potency. The Endurus Potion makes you invulnerable and deflects projectile attacks back to enemies, granting you unparalleled resilience on the battlefield. Embrace the power of protection and become an unstoppable force.
- Maxima Potion Potency [lvl 16]: Amplify your magical potency with Maxima Potion Potency. The Maxima Potion causes attacks to have additional increased damage and break enemy shields, making your spells even more formidable. Embrace the power of enhancement and become a wizarding force to be reckoned with.
- Revelio Mastery [lvl 16]: Unleash the secrets with Revelio Mastery. This talent increases the range of Revelio, enabling you to detect hidden objects and foes from a greater distance. Embrace the art of revelation and uncover the mysteries that lie in wait.
- Blood Curse [lvl 5]: Embrace the dark allure of the Blood Curse. Dealing damage to a cursed target inflicts damage to all cursed targets, creating a chain of destruction that leaves your foes trembling. Embrace the power of malevolence and let the curse-infused energy flow through you.
- Thunderbrew Potion Potency [lvl 22]: Electrify the battlefield with Thunderbrew Potion Potency. The range and damage of the potion effect are greatly increased, shocking enemies into submission. Embrace the power of electricity and become a storm of devastation.
Hogwart’s legacy talent categories and points
In Hogwarts Legacy, you can earn Talent Points as you level up. You can then use these Talent Points to improve your character’s abilities. There are a total of 48 Talents in the game, but you can only spend a maximum of 36 Talent Points. This means that you will need to choose the Talents that you want to invest in carefully.
The Talents are divided into five categories: Spells, Dark Arts, Core, Stealth, and Room of Requirement. Each category has a different number of Talents, and you can spend a different number of Talent Points in each category.
The best way to decide which Talents to invest in is to think about your playstyle and the challenges that you face in the game. If you are a powerful offensive wizard, then you may want to invest in Talents that increase the damage and accuracy of your spells. If you are a stealthy player, then you may want to invest in Talents that improve your ability to sneak around undetected.
No matter how you choose to play the game, there are a number of Talents that can be helpful. Experiment with different Talents and find the ones that work best for you.
The Spells category contains talents that improve your spellcasting abilities. There are 10 talents in this category.
The Dark Arts category contains talents that improve your abilities with the Dark Arts. There are 10 talents in this category.
The Core category contains talents that improve your overall effectiveness in the game. There are 16 talents in this category.
The Stealth category contains talents that improve your ability to sneak around undetected. There are 4 talents in this category.
Room of Requirement
The Room of Requirement category contains talents that improve your ability to use the Room of Requirement. There are 8 talents in this category.
In conclusion, while these talents might be appealing to certain playstyles or preferences, they typically don’t provide as much practical value as the others. However, remember that Hogwarts Legacy is a game meant to be enjoyed. If a lower-tier talent appeals to your playstyle or aligns with your personal Hogwarts fantasy, don’t hesitate to choose it! After all, the magic of Hogwarts is in making your unique adventure.